2010年2月5日 星期五

Pulp (Common People)



She came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge,
她帶著對知識的渴望從希臘來到這
she studied sculpture at Saint Martin's College,
她在聖馬丁學院學習雕塑
that's where I,
caught her eye.
我就是在那遇見她的

She told me that her Dad was loaded,
她說她的父親非常富有
I said "In that case I'll have a rum and coca-cola."
我說如果是那樣的話我會喝蘭姆酒加可口可樂
She said "Fine."
她說好吧
and in thirty seconds time she said,
在三十秒之後她又說

"I want to live like common people,
我希望能活的像個普通人
I want to do whatever common people do,
我希望能做些像普通人會做的事
I want to sleep with common people,
我希望跟普通的人上床
I want to sleep with common people,
like you."
我希望跟像你一樣普通人上床

Well what else could I do -
那麼我還能怎麼辦呢
I said "I'll see what I can do."
我說我想看看能做些什麼

I took her to a supermarket,
我帶她去逛超市
I don't know why but I had to start it somewhere,
我不知道為什麼,但我得從什麼地方開始
so it started there.
所以我帶她去那

I said pretend you've got no money,
我說妳得假裝妳口袋裡沒有錢
she just laughed and said,
她只是笑著然後說
"Oh you're so funny."
噢!你真有趣
I said "yeah?
我說嗯?
Well I can't see anyone else smiling in here.
但我看不見在這的任何人在笑
Are you sure you want to live like common people,
妳確定妳真的想活的像個普通人嗎?

you want to see whatever common people see,
妳想看普通人所看的那些?
you want to sleep with common people,
妳想跟普通人上床?
you want to sleep with common people,
like me."
妳真的確定想跟我這樣的普通人上床嗎?
But she didn't understand,
不過她不了解我問的這些
she just smiled and held my hand.
她只是笑著然後牽起我的手

Rent a flat above a shop,
在某間店的樓上租間套房
cut your hair and get a job.
剪掉妳的頭髮然後找個工作
Smoke some fags and play some pool,
抽些普通的香煙然後去普通的撞球間
pretend you never went to school.
假裝妳從未上學過
But still you'll never get it right,
不過這仍然不會讓妳變成普通人
cos when you're laid in bed at night,
因為當妳在夜裡躺在床上時
watching roaches climb the wall,
看見有隻蟑螂在牆上爬
if you call your Dad he could stop it all.
妳的父親就能讓這一切結束

You'll never live like common people,
妳永遠無法活的像個普通人!
you'll never do what common people do,
妳永遠無法做些像普通人會做的事!
you'll never fail like common people,
妳永遠不會像個普通人一樣的失敗!
you'll never watch your life slide out of view,
妳永遠不會讓妳的生活就這樣浪費掉!
and dance and drink and screw,
because there's nothing else to do.
還有像個普通人一樣因為沒有任何的事可做而去跳舞喝酒上床

Sing along with the common people,
跟普通人一起大聲唱歌吧
sing along and it might just get you through,
唱著然後就能擺脫那些不快
laugh along with the common people,
跟著普通人一起笑吧
laugh along even though they're laughing at you,
跟她們一起笑著即便他們是在笑著妳
and the stupid things that you do.
以及妳這樣愚蠢的行為
Because you think that poor is cool.
因為妳就認為貧窮是件很酷的事

Like a dog lying in a corner
當有隻狗躺在角落時
They will bite you and never warn you
他們會咬你而不會先警告妳
Look out.
小心!

They'll tear your insides out
牠們會把你咬個稀爛
'cos everybody hates a tourist
因為所有人都討厭觀光客
Especially one who thinks it's all such a laugh
特別是像對這的景象覺得可笑的
Yeah and the chip stain and grease will come out in the bath
以及那些認為只要將被番茄醬弄髒的衣服丟進洗衣機就會沒事的人
You will never understand
妳永遠不會了解這些
How it feels to live your life
With no meaning or control
And with nowhere left to go
當妳的人生沒有任何意義失去方向時活著的感覺
You are amazed that they exist
妳驚訝這些人的存在
And they burn so bright whilst you can only wonder why.
而妳卻不能了解他們為什麼能活的如此快樂

I want to live with common people like you,
我想跟你這樣普通人一起生活
I want to live with common people like you...
我想跟你這樣普通人一起生活

0 意見:

張貼留言